Wednesday, August 10, 2011

my job


You know, organizationally I think my people do a great job of being really, truly a part of the solar industry -- and therefore the clean tech industry, writ large. We are a non-profit org. But we really strive to keep up with the latest and greatest.

But every so often I get an email (like the one below) and I t
hink, "Our jobs aren't like other jobs. I have know idea what any of these things do."

Admire this copy, confounding though it is --

"Today’s demanding applications call for other sealing methods. One alternative is the bearing isolator. Advances have created units with little frictional drag and a service life that is up to 65 times greater than that of a radial lip seal."

I don't spend much time thinking about sealing methods. I can organize the heck out of a spread sheet, though. So that's something.





No comments:

Post a Comment